Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Tasty Tuesday--Pizza Pasta Salad

We had a family picnic over the weekend to celebrate by hubby's Grandma's 87th birthday. We are so blessed to have her--not only is she the sweetest person around, but earlier this year she was diagnosed with stomach cancer, had surgery and WON! It was a nice family gathering with delicious food! 
My hubs decided which recipe I should make (well, I narrowed down the choices) and this is what he picked! Its super easy and very delicious!

Pizza Pasta Salad 

 

 












serves 10 (or more)

3 cups penne pasta (or your favorite pasta), cooked & cooled
3 small-medium tomatoes, chopped
15 slices hard salami, finely chopped
1 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded, cubed or how ever you want it)
1/2 cup fresh basil, sliced
1/2 cup fresh shredded Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup light balsamic vinaigrette dressing
salt & pepper to taste   

Make it:

Combine all ingredients together in a large bowl. Refrigerate for one hour to let the flavors combine. Serve and enjoy!

Original recipe inspiration came from here. I adapted it for our tastes and what I had in my frig!
Next time, I think I will substitute turkey pepperoni for the hard salami.

Try it and let me know what you think!

Cindy 


Pin It

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love (nice) comments...let me know whatcha think:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...