Thursday, January 3, 2013

Easy Photo Coasters

I've been waiting to share these with you for awhile--I'm so excited to finally show them off! I made these Easy Photo Coasters for my parents and for my mother-in-law for Christmas and I absolutely loved how they turned out! I can't wait to make a set for myself, too!

I bought the plain white tiles at the Habitat for Humanity Store for pennies (you can get them real cheap at Lowes, Home Depot, etc.), took my favorite pictures and put it all together! The hardest part is seriously picking out the pictures! Here are the easy instructions:

  1. Clean and dry the tiles
  2. Cut the pictures down to 4x4 size
  3. Get out your Modge Podge and put a thin layer on the tile, carefully lay your picture down on the tile.
  4. Let dry.
  5. Continue to put thin layers of Modge Podge over the pictures, making sure to let each coat dry before applying the next.
  6. I put about 6 layers of Modge Podge over each picture.
  7. When Modge Podge is dry apply a spray sealer over the pictures.
  8. Apply felt to the corners to protect the surface the coasters lay on.
  9. Allow the coasters to cure 30 days before setting any hot mugs or cups that will sweat on the coasters. This will hopefully prevent damage to the pictures.
 
Even though this is a process, it really does come together quickly. I let the coasters set overnight before spraying with the sealer.
I wrapped them with a cute bow and put them in a gift bag. I think they really enjoyed their gift and now they can show off their grandchildren to all their guests!
Now that I shared them with you, I've got to go make a set for my house! Happy crafting!

Cindy


Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. These look so great! Thanks for sharing over at Fabulous Fridays! on Real Housemoms

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Please share your projects at www.creativecraftsthursday.blogspot.com each and every week and check out what other craft divas are up to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great thrifty project! I would love for you to come link up at my weekly linky party Thrifty to Nifty Thursdays at A Jennuine Life. I'm working with a couple of bigger bloggers to feature great projects, so I'm hoping to bring fabulous exposure for participants! http://ajennuinelife.blogspot.com/2013/01/thrifty-to-nifty-thursdays-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet and personal gift! Glad you entered One Crafty Contest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute and fun, what a perfect gift and a cool idea to show off your photos! :) Michelle

    ReplyDelete

I love (nice) comments...let me know whatcha think:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...