Thursday, January 17, 2013

Fun Kids Craft--Ribbon Key Chains

I've been in a funk lately. I was off of work for 3 weeks for foot surgery and I had big plans of preparing blog posts, making fun enhancements to the blog and various other little things that I could do with my leg elevated and my butt planted on the couch. But, instead, I caught up on all my shows, watched a few movies, wrapped Christmas gifts and played on Facebook and Pinterest. Oh, and I did work from home a bit too.

So, now that I'm back at work full-time and the kids are back at school, I'm trying to get in the swing of things. It's just harder than I thought. And now I have to fit physical therapy into my crazy schedule! ARRGHHH! Anyways....

This is a project Hailey and I did before the holiday madness. She gave this to her teacher for a gift! Along with this really cool plaque for her desk (you can buy it here).
Make a Difference

Here are the simple instructions and a picture tutorial:

Ribbon Keychain
Ribbon Keychain
This is a fun project to do with kids and something they can give as a gift or keep for themselves. It’s a just a few simple materials and about 10 minutes to pull this craft together!

I did this with my eleven year old daughter, but I think it would be a good craft for kids 6-12 years of age.

Materials:
ribbon keychain

Jewelry Split Rings
Ribbon—2 patterns: 20 inches of one, 4 inches of another
Scissors
Ruler
Hot Glue



Instructions:

Step 1: Cut a piece of ribbon 20 inches long and two coordinating pieces 2 inches long.

Step 2: Slip key ring onto ribbon; fold over and secure with hot glue (done by an adult if it is not a low temp gun)

Step 3: Use the small pieces of ribbon to wrap around the top part of the key chain, spacing them slightly apart.

Step 4: Cut to the length you wish the key chain to be.

Options:
You could use fabric paint to decorate or personalize.

Super simple and quick! Plus this is something that someone will use! How cute would it be if you added some stick on rhinestones, too?

Here is the picture tutorial:

 

 Her teacher sent us a note thanking her for such a creative gift! Love it! What creative things are you up to? This is the project we did over at RockfordParent.com, too! Come on over for a visit!

Don't keep me hanging--I love comments!

Cindy

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. This looks really good! A good idea for a simple but effective project! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love (nice) comments...let me know whatcha think:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...