Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Tasty Tuesday--Grillin' Side Dishes

It's the start of the grilling season and today I'm sharing two of my favorite grillin' side dishes! You can find these on our menu at least once a week in the spring when they asparagus is delicious! In the summer, I continue with the potatoes, but serve up whatever veggie is freshest at that time.

grilled side dishes
First up: Grilled Asparagus--it was only recently (like the last 3-4 years) that I've come to enjoy asparagus. I really enjoy it when it is prepared this way! (the skinnier the stalks--the better!)

Grilled Asparagus
Serves 3-4
grilled asparagus
1 lbs fresh Asparagus, trimmed
Olive Oil
Herbs de Provence
Pepper
Kosher Salt

Trim asparagus by holding both ends and bending until the natural snap occurs. Place trimmed asparagus on a prepared tin foil sheet or grill pan. Drizzle 1-2 Tbls olive oil over asparagus and toss to coat evenly. Sprinkle with seasonings. Place on preheated grill for 5-7 minutes, watching carefully not to overcook. Be certain to turn asparagus frequently to prevent charring. Serve warm.


grilled asparagus

Next, the famous grilled potatoes. I love this side--so easy, so tasty! I've been making these for years. Feel free to use your favorite spices to change this up!

Grilled Potatoes
grilled potatoesServes 4

1.5 pounds red potatoes (or your choice--about 4 med size reds), sliced
2 Tbls butter, divided
Seasoned Salt
Dried Onion Flakes
Pepper
Garlic Powder

Slice potatoes evenly (best done with vegetable slicer) and place on a prepared sheet of tin foil (sprayed with cooking spray). I use 2 sheets and divide potatoes evenly amoung the two sheets for quicker, more even cooking. Cube up butter and place on potatoes (I typically stuff the butter under a few slice of potato, too!). Sprinkle with your favorite spices or the ones listed above. Tightly wrap up the foil packet and place on a preheated grill for 15-20 minutes. Turn packet half-way through cooking time to prevent burning. Serve warm.
grilled potatoes


Yum! So, tell me, what are your favorite go-to grilling favorites?
Grill Side Dishes




Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Loved grilled vegetables, look so so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from the Fun Friday Hop. Now following via Bloglovin and Instagram.

    I invite you to link up on my Bloglovin Blog Hop:

    Bloglovin Blog Hop

    Take care,
    Meg
    Happy Kids, Inc

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found you on The Pink Momma's Blog Hop. Your blog looks fun! I'm following you on twitter now.

    http://hotcommodityhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love grilling vegetables! These look great! Thanks for linking up on Tried and True Recipes: http://rediscovermom.blogspot.com/2013/04/tried-and-true-recipes-8.html

    ReplyDelete

I love (nice) comments...let me know whatcha think:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...