Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Tasty Tuesday! Guest Post- Busy Mom's Helper

Hey, ya'all! I'm Danielle from over at Busy Mom's Helper, and I'm absolutely thrilled to be here with you today!!! I want to share with you one of my favorite pasta recipes. Now, funny back-story: growing up, I never tried Margherita anything (pizza, pasta, etc.) because I assumed it had alcohol in it. Ya, I know, pretty naive. Anywho, the first time I tried Margherita pizza, I was hooked. So delicious! Of course I had to try it with other foods, too, thus leading to this delicious Mama's Margherita Pasta.

One of my favorite things about this recipe is that it is Just. So. Easy. Seriously! Most of the ingredients are things I keep stocked up on, and when I have a busy night (well, busier), I can just quickly pull this together and we have a nice, filling, delicious home-cooked meal instead of ordering pizza. Again. For like the third time that month. Ya, I have the pizza delivery on speed dial.
Ingredients
1 box (about 13 oz) Penne Pasta noodles
1/4 cup Butter
2 Garlic Cloves, minced
8 oz. Cherry Tomatoes, cut in half
1/4 cup Basil
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded
1/3 cup Romano Cheese, shredded
Directions
Cook pasta according to directions on box. Drain then return to saucepan and keep warm.
In a medium-large skillet, melt the Butter. Add the Garlic and cook about 30 seconds, or until soft and beginning to brown.
Add the Tomatoes and Basil and cook another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. 
Add the Pasta and Cheeses. Stir until all combined and serve while still warm.
Thank you so much for allowing me to guest post. Hope you have a wonderful summer!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love (nice) comments...let me know whatcha think:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...