Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Tasty Tuesday -- Pinata Cake

I'm not sure about you but I am FREEZING!! We certainly didn't ease into winter here in Illinois. However, with the cold also brought snow. It was a beautiful sight to see, but man, I hate the cold.

Remember the post on my son's Bowling Birthday Party? Click here to find out all about it.

Well, I attempted my first Pinata Cake because thought it would resemble a bowling ball. So, today on Tasty Tuesday, I will show you how easy it is to make one of these! And...how fun it is to eat!

Pinata Cake #bowling #cake #pinata #birthday #party #cake #kids

 Even though it looks a bit complicated, 
it really easy fairly simple.

Grab two boxes of cake mix--your choice of flavor. Prepare as directed and place batter into glass bowls. Bake as directed on the box or until golden and set in the middle. Mine took about 10 minutes longer than the box suggested.
 
Pinata Cake #bowling #cake #pinata #birthday #party #cake #kids


Allow cakes to cool slightly. Carefully turn cakes over to release from bowl. Allow to cool completely.

Next scoop out some of the center of the cake. About a 1/2-1 inch border around the perimeter of the cake and down into the center of the cake.
 
Pinata Cake #bowling #cake #pinata #birthday #party #cake #kids


Next, fill with candy. We used Sour Patch Worms, M-n-M's, candy corn, Skittles and Gummy Bears. Next frost the edge of the cake. Not too much frosting, this is used like the glue for the top and bottom of the cakes.

Pinata Cake #bowling #cake #pinata #birthday #party #cake #kids

Now carefully place the top onto the base of the cake.

Pinata Cake #bowling #cake #pinata #birthday #party #cake #kids

Frost as you would like. For us, I wanted it to look like a bowling ball, unfortunately, it looked more like a ghost. I didn't want to frost it all black because I didn't want to send all the kids home with black-died lips, tongue and mouth!

Pinata Cake #bowling #cake #pinata #birthday #party #cake #kids

I still love how it turned out and I loved the reaction from the kids! This is definitely worth trying for an upcoming celebration!
Pinata Cake #bowling #cake #pinata #birthday #party #cake #kids

Have a fabulous day! 
If you liked what you saw, please share it!



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love (nice) comments...let me know whatcha think:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...