Saturday, August 18, 2012

Decisions...and a t-shirt

I've been at a crossroads lately. I'm stuck. I need to get unstuck--real quick. I have ideas. Lots of them. I'm just not sure which one (or ones) I should go with. It's just not me that I'm impacting. I have a family. They have a stake in whatever I decide to do at this crossroad. 
Part of me thinks I'm just a wimp and I should just tread water and stick it out, but a piece of me dies everyday I have to continue down this path.
Where is my Magic 8 ball?
Ugh. Enough complaining already. Here it goes. I did a craft with my son the day before school started. We had fun--and the results were fantastic. And, its cheap too! Here's what you need:
  •  t-shirt
  • spray fabric paint (got mine on clearance at Wal-Mart--they were fluorescent pink, green, yellow and orange )
  • imagination
  • cardboard or something to put under the shirt
We did the project outside. It would be ideal if it was a calm day--breezy days wouldn't result in the design you were hoping for--which could also be fun too!

Start by putting something in between your shirt so the paint doesn't soak through to the other side (we used an old plastic place mat we had lying around). 

Next--decide what design or pattern you want. Carson wanted all four colors everywhere--no rhyme or reason.
Begin your design. Have fun and don't tip the bottle because they it doesn't spray, it dribbles.
Finally--show off your Kool-Aid mustache smile and cool new t-shirt!
 


I did a different technique on my shirt--and I love it! I will share it soon, just need to make a few "alterations"! And, if Hailey ever decides to hang around long enough to do her t-shirt, I will share it too!
Thanks for stopping by!


Cindy 
This post is part of Get Your Craft On at Today's Creative Blog.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love (nice) comments...let me know whatcha think:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...