Saturday, March 9, 2013

DIY Workout Shirt **SUPER EASY**

Today I'm going to share something I did back when it was warm out. I dream about those days now...I know its just around the corner, but it can't be here soon enough. The painting technique I showed you on my very first blog post , using fabric spray paint. My son did his version and this is mine. I love all things Zebra--and have since college (the Zeta Beta Chi sorority mascot is the Zebra--we are all the same, yet different!), so why not custom make my own hot pink zebra shirt for my workouts?

Here is how I painted my shirt:
DIY Zebra Striped Painted Shirt

First Step:
Make sure your shirt has been washed and dried. Grab a 5 Gallon Bucket and put shirt over top. You can see the collar on top of my bucket. Gather up the shirt, like scrunching it, to give it the different dimensions.
















DIY Zebra Striped Painted Shirt

Step 2:
Take your Fabric Spray Paint and spray it generously over the shirt. Let dry as directed on the bottle.


















DIY Zebra Striped Painted Shirt
FINAL:
Here is the end result of my painted shirt! I bought an XL shirt because I knew I wanted to make it a loose, fun shirt for my Zumba Classes. However, the XL was too big, so now I only wear it when I exercise at home. I recommend if you are following these steps for the end result workout shirt, just go up one size larger, not two!














Now, you could stop there and be done, but I wanted to make a workout shirt. I pinned this a long time ago and knew I had to make it for my Zumba classes! I followed the directions that Rabbit Food For My Bunny Teeth provided in her blog post. Her step-by-step instructions make it super simple! And here is what my shirt looks like:
DIY Zebra Workout Shirt--super easy!





















(sorry for the weird smile--its hard to take a great picture of yourself, by yourself, in the mirror. Just sayin'.)

Here's the back view:

DIY Zebra Workout Shirt--super easy!






















I love it and Catherine over at Rabbit Food couldn't have made an easier tutorial. (fun blog, too!)

So now I've given you a workout and a workout shirt...there are no excuses! Now, get up and start moving!


Cindy

PS: Hey--if you liked this blog post, please consider commenting or sharing. I appreciate anything you can do!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love (nice) comments...let me know whatcha think:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...