Saturday, December 29, 2012

Awesome Dill Pickle Dip

Have you ever had those dill pickle, cream cheese and dried beef roll-ups? We love them! In fact, my brother makes them for almost every family get-together! But, if you have ever made them, then you know that they are a pain in the butt to put together! I have the solution! I tried this dip a few months ago and fell instantly in love. It was the roll-up in a dip form and it wasn't messy or a ton of work (unlike the roll-ups!). This is a perfect addition to your New Years Eve parties, football game parties or family gatherings!

































Here's the easy recipe:

Dill Pickle Dip

Ingredients
8 oz cream cheese (I use the light)
1 c sour cream (I use the light)
1 tsp onion onion powder
1 tsp parsley
3/4 c dill pickle spears--drained, finely chopped (about 6)
5 oz. dried beef--finely chopped

Directions:
Combine cream cheese, sour cream and seasonings in bowl. Beat until smooth. Stir in pickles and beef. Cover and chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours. Serve with crackers.

I put the dip and crackers in the new two-tier server I made from a Target plate and bowl and served it up at Christmas at my parents. The only thing I took home was the server! 

Here's to a fantastic 2013!

Cindy

Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. This looks wonderful and like you said without all the work! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't express to you how badly I want to try this. I love dill pickles and can't seem to find one in the house now. :) Thanks for sharing at Fabulous Fridays! over at Real Housemoms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will have to try this! We would love for you to share this at our Kitchen Fun and Crafty link party! http://kitchenfunwithmy3sons.blogspot.com/2013/01/kitchen-fun-and-crafty-friday-link-party.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  4. My parents (I don't eat meat anymore) make the roll-ups for every football game but it never occurred to any of us to make a dip out of it. The dip is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of the roll up, but there just aren't enough recipes out there that uses pickles! Like Shannon, I don't eat meat, but I'll have to give this a try...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yum! I love pickles. Thanks for the great recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds so delicious! Guess my next game night is saved :)
    Thank you so much for sharing this at Wednesday Extravaganza - Hope to see you there again next week with more deliciousness :)

    ReplyDelete

I love (nice) comments...let me know whatcha think:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...