Thursday, December 6, 2012

10 Fun Elf on the Shelf Ideas!



Elf on the Shelf is a huge trend right now. We’ve been doing Elf for about 3 years—what fun! Our Elf Kris comes to visit us as soon as our Christmas tree is put up! Our Elf Kris gets a little mischievous while we are sleeping—which is all part of the fun. The kids get so excited to find Kris each morning and see what kind of trouble he got into or where he is hiding! Today, I’m sharing some ideas we did last year and a few pictures from this year. My friend Becky also sent me some pictures of their Elf too! Maybe you will get some ideas for your Elf! 
Here is Becky's Elf Mistletoe having a snowball fight! What fun!

 Mistletoe did a snow angel in some coconut. We did this too, but we used sugar. Either way, the kids thought it was funny!

Mistletoe went fishing!

Look at the campfire and marshmallow roasting going on! I love the burnt tips of the marshmallows!

 Here is Mistletoe on a date with Barbie! They are drinking out of the syrup bottle!

Here is our Elf Kris--he brought the kids donuts and had some "Elf" sized donuts too! (those are Cheerios with sprinkles)

Kris was silly here, he drew horns and funny faces on the kids' pictures! (this is probably my favorite one from last year--the kids laughed every time they walked by!)

Kris curled up in Carson's tent, so he decided to read to him. He brought this into school and they posted in the Library!

Kris joined us this year by playing with Carson's football trading cards.

On the second day, Kris tried to go sledding! Unfortunately, when we got home from school/work, he was off his sled and laying on the stairs! Carson was so upset and worried that he might not be able to fly back to Santa!

Have you done something clever? Share your ideas or send me your pictures! And if you have small children and don’t have the Elf on the Shelf, consider starting this fun tradition with your family. You’ll be glad you did!

Thanks for stopping by!

Cindy

Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. So cute! I am co-hosting the Ultimate Elf on the Shelf Link Party and I'd love for you to come link this up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute ideas! I wish this was around when my kids were little.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are cute ideas. I cannot wait to start Elf on the Shelf next year, I think my daughter is still too young this year to understand (she's 2).

    http://amrsandamama.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI! I found you on the bloghop and am your newest follower. I was kinda maybe sorta hopin' that you'd hop on by and follow me back!!

    Happy Holidays!
    Sarah
    www.enjoyingtheepiphany.com

    ReplyDelete

I love (nice) comments...let me know whatcha think:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...