Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Rainbow Cupcakes

St. Patrick's Day is quickly approaching! I'm not Irish, but it's fun to do all things RAINBOW and green for a day, right? Last year (before I was blogging!), I made these cute cupcakes for a fun treat for the kids and their friends. They were super fun so I thought I'd share them with you! It took some time, but loved the result! And it all starts with white cake mix and bright food coloring. Here is the quick how-to, just in time for you to do this for your family:
St. Patricks rainbow cupcakes

 

What you need:
White cake mix, and the ingredients to prepare
Neon, bright food coloring
Cupcake liners
Cool Whip
Mini-Rainbow Twizzlers

How you do it:
Mix together the white cake according to the package directions. Get six small bowls and equally distribute the white cake mix into those bowls. (if you don't want to use all six colors, use how many you want to use) Drop a few drops of the food coloring (one color per bowl) into each of the bowls and mix until the color is bright. Taking a teaspoon, carefully layer each color into the cupcake liner into a rainbow pattern. Bake as directed on the cake mix package. Allow to cool.

rainbow cupcake

For frosting I used Lite Coolwhip. To make it look like fluffy clouds, I added a few drops of blue food coloring and carefully folded it into the cool whip. Spoon onto cooled cupcakes. Using the back of the spoon, make small peaks. Add your rainbow Twizzler by pressing it into the cupcake. Store in frig.


St. Patrick's Day Rainbow Cupcakes

So, do you do fun things for St. Patrick's Day, even if you aren't Irish? Thanks for stopping over today!

Cindy


Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. St. Patrick's Day is a huge celebration in our home. I'm following you via Pintrest. I host Fluster Creative Muster Party on Wednesdays and I would love it if you would come by and party with us. Hope to see you there!

    Hugs, Smiles, and Blessings,

    Robin
    Fluster Buster

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so creative and I love the little rainbows, too. Take care, Linda Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun cupcakes! Those twizzler rainbows are the perfect touch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute! I will have to make them with my little guys! They'll love them. :) Thanks for sharing with us Cindy over at Real Housemoms for Fabulous Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

I love (nice) comments...let me know whatcha think:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...