Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Tasty Tuesday--Over the Rainbow

Ugh. I'm so ready for Spring. Warm weather. And most of all, no snow. We are expected to get another snow storm today. We've gone most of the winter without snow and then BAM--the month of February shows up and it decides we need that white stuff. I'm ready to wear flip flops and take a run outside! 

Well, maybe my treat I'm sharing today will bring a little sunshine into your life! Today I'm sharing a cake my daughter and I created awhile back for a school event. What a fun thing to do for the upcoming St. Patty's Day celebration!
rainbow cake


















We baked a box mix, added some food coloring in a frosting tub (I know, I know...its not homemade!) and frosted the cake. Next, we bought rainbow colored Jelly Belly jelly beans. We made a rainbow shape in the rainbow colors, using two rows for each color. Then we added a piled up some marshmallows at each end for the clouds. FUN, CHEERY and BRIGHT!

Do you do something fun with your food/desserts for St. Patty's day? If so, please share!

Cindy

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Love the decoration - really bright and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! This looks like a fun way to get the kids involved. Mine love decorating cakes for birthdays. :) Thanks for bringing it to the party at Real Housemoms for Fabulous Fridays.

    ReplyDelete

I love (nice) comments...let me know whatcha think:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...