First, cream together butter, sugar and brown sugar.
Don't let look heavenly? Oh, they were so good! Soft, chewy and yummy! Click here for the printable recipe.
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies with Caramel Drizzle
Yield: About 30 cookies
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
2 ¾ cup quick cooking oats
1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugars until fluffy, about 3 minutes. (I used my Kitchen Aid Mixer, but you could use an electric mixer)
- Beat in eggs one at a time. Add in vanilla. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Mix the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray. Use a medium scoop (1 ½ Tbls) and drop on prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 8-12 minutes. Allow cookies to cool about 5 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to wire rack (or waxed paper) to cool completely.
- Follow instructions to melt caramel bits. I use about ½ cup. Drizzle over cooled cookies. Let set before storing.
Have a great Tuesday!