I bought the plain white tiles at the Habitat for Humanity Store for pennies (you can get them real cheap at Lowes, Home Depot, etc.), took my favorite pictures and put it all together! The hardest part is seriously picking out the pictures! Here are the easy instructions:
- Clean and dry the tiles
- Cut the pictures down to 4x4 size
- Get out your Modge Podge and put a thin layer on the tile, carefully lay your picture down on the tile.
- Let dry.
- Continue to put thin layers of Modge Podge over the pictures, making sure to let each coat dry before applying the next.
- I put about 6 layers of Modge Podge over each picture.
- When Modge Podge is dry apply a spray sealer over the pictures.
- Apply felt to the corners to protect the surface the coasters lay on.
- Allow the coasters to cure 30 days before setting any hot mugs or cups that will sweat on the coasters. This will hopefully prevent damage to the pictures.
I wrapped them with a cute bow and put them in a gift bag. I think they really enjoyed their gift and now they can show off their grandchildren to all their guests!
Now that I shared them with you, I've got to go make a set for my house! Happy crafting!