So what makes it the best ever? The coconut oil? The season salt? The popcorn kernels? Nope--all of them together. Coconut oil makes this healthier than using oil to cook it in or butter to top it with. And we just lightly sprinkle with Lawry's Seasoned Salt, because a little goes a long way! Here's the recipe:
Best Popcorn Ever
1-2 Tbls Coconut Oil
2/3 C. Popping Kernels (love Orville's or Boy Scout's Fundraiser kernels!)
1/2-1 tsp Lawry's Seasoned Salt
Place oil and popcorn in stove top popper. Turn heat on Med-High. Cover. Stir or shake pan when it begins to pop. Once the popping slows down or stops, pour into large bowl. Sprinkle with salt and serve. That's it! I have a stovetop theatre popping corn popper that you crank and stir--absolutely love it!
If you don't want to fuss with the stove, you can do this in the microwave, too! Here's how:
- Take 1/3 c popping kernels and place it in a brown paper bag.
- Seal bag with scotch tape.
- Put in mircowave and set time to 2 minutes.
- Stay near microwave since all ovens vary, stop when the popping slows or stops.
- Put 1/2 Tbls coconut oil in microwaveable safe container and heat for 1 min or until melted.
- Pour oil over popped corn and sprinkle with salt
What you do top your popcorn with?
Visit me over on Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest!
Have a great day!