Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Tasty Tuesday -- Chicken Apple Panini's

Yesterday was my son's 8th birthday! Where does the time go? We had a super fun bowling party with a few of his school friends. I even made a cool cake that looked more like a ghost than a bowling ball, but it was still a hit! I'll be sharing the party with you later on...but now, it's time for Tasty Tuesday!

I'm a big believer in Panini's. Sure, its just a sandwich, but it's extra special. With fall in full swing around here, this tasty creation is sure to hit a home run! You can change it up anyway you like, but I enjoyed mine like this:
Chicken & Apple Panini--perfect fall time sandwich

Ingredients
Rotisserie Chicken, sliced thin
Apple, sliced thin
Bacon, cooked
Cheese, I used mozzarella, but next time it will be apple jack cheese
Romaine Lettuce
Tomatoes, sliced thin
Ciabatta Roll/Bread

Directions

Assemble your Panini by layering it with all the ingredients listed above. If you wanted to add a sauce to it feel free (I didn't because I'm trying to watch those extra calories). Next, carefully add it to a hot, grill pan and set your Panini press on top. I got mine from Pampered Chef. If you don't have one, simply use a heavy pan and set your flour canister on top! Grill for about 5 minutes and flip over. Grill for another 2-3 minutes. Slice and serve.

This is a quick and easy meal to put on the table. The great thing about these Panini's is that you can make them for each family members tastes. My daughter just wanted the apples on the side, not with the sandwich.

What kind of quick sandwich does your family enjoy?


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love (nice) comments...let me know whatcha think:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...