Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Tasty Tuesday -- Skinny Copycat Starbucks Chocolate Chip Frappuccino

It's the first day of October!!! I'm so excited. This means my No-Soda September is over. I tried. I really was hoping to kick the soda habit for good. But, I can't. I've been craving it for the last week of September. But, I do promise that I won't drink as much of it anymore. Whew...thank goodness! Oh, and this is my birthday month, so keep your eye open for a fun giveaway!

Do you love Starbucks? Well, I'm not a coffee drinker, so it's not my first choice, but my daughter is obsessed with that place. One of her favorite drinks to get at Starbucks is the Double Chocolate Chip Blended Frappuccino Creme. I've tried it. It's good and doesn't have an over-powering coffee taste. I could actually handle one of those. BUT...did you know a 12 oz. size is over 400 calories and has 17 g of fat? Now, I can't have one of those.
But, I found a skinny version that has been taste-tasted by my daughter, her friend and myself and we all think it is a good "skinny" version of the real thing. I've tweaked the recipe a bit because we thought the original one was too sweet.


Skinny Copycat Starbucks Chocolate Chip Frappuccino


Skinny Chocolate Chip Frappuccino
Adapted from Hungry Girl

Ingredients
1 pkt diet hot chocolate mix
4 oz warm water
1 Tbls sugar free chocolate syrup
2 oz unsweetened vanilla almond milk
2 Truvia Sugar Packets (or other sweetener)
1 Tbls Mini Chocolate Chips
8-10 ice cubes
Fat Free Whip Cream

Directions
Mix the hot chocolate and water together until completely dissolved. Pour hot chocolate, chocolate syrup, Truvia, chocolate chips and almond milk in blender. Blend on high for 45 seconds. Pour into a fun cup and top off with some whip cream! Sprinkle a few more mini chocolate chips on top to make super cute!!

Yum! Enjoy this lighter calorie version. According to Hungry Girl, it comes is at 135 calories, 4.5 g of fat! Now, this is something I can have!!



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love (nice) comments...let me know whatcha think:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...