Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Back-to-School Time

Ok, so yes, I'm jumping for joy that today is the 1st day back to school. Why? Mainly because I think our kids have had too much "togetherness" this summer. That 2 week vacation really tested the sibling love! But seriously, I think I crave the routine the most. The kids are both excited to start the new school year.

We visited their schools on Monday night. Met their teachers, dropped off their (bags) of school supplies and figured out their new schedules. Ugh, my daughter is now in middle school. I can hardly wait for the drama that will occur this year. (I'm joking!)

When we stopped by my son's classroom (he's in 2nd grade now), his teacher gave each student something to take home with them to have before them come to school on the first day. I thought this was genius (and I knew right from that moment, that I was really going to like this teacher!). This was his gift:
Jitter Juice
Jitter Juice: Guaranteed to reduce first day butterflies. Kid tested, Teacher approved. How cute!!

If you follow me on Instagram, you are sure to see the First Day of School pics! (if you aren't following me yet, click here and then click FOLLOW!)

Here are some ideas to make your First Day of School special for your family!



Blueberry Pancakes
Start the day out right with these:
Melt in Your Mouth Blueberry Pancakes









Pack them a lunch that includes these:
DIY Uncrustables








Lunchbox Notes Printables

Let them know you are thinking about them during the school day with these:
Lunchbox Notes

Mint Chocolate Chip Brownies
Greet them at the door or bus stop with these:
Mint Chocolate Chip Brownies













End the day with a kid friendly dinner:
Pizza Muffins








 



Happy Wednesday! If your kids aren't back to school yet, when is their first day?



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love (nice) comments...let me know whatcha think:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...