Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Tasty Tuesday - Strawberry Bruschetta

I love strawberries. I love bruschetta. So why not put them together? This is perfect for summer gatherings. It's simple, light and fresh. I prepared these for the Zac Brown Concert we attended with our friends a few weeks ago, but they would make a perfect snack, light lunch or appetizer for any occassion. I found this recipe over at Annie's Eats--you should check out the blog, she has some fantastic recipes over there!

Strawberry Bruschetta


Strawberry Bruschetta
adapted from Annie's Eats

Ingredients
1 c. strawberries, diced
1 Tbls. sugar (1/2 packet of Truvia)
1 Baguette, sliced on an angle
4 oz. Goat Cheese (I didn't use all of the cheese)
1 Tbls. Olive Oil
2 tsp. Balsamic Vinegar
1/4 c. Fresh Basil, minced
Fresh Cracked Black Pepper

Directions
Combine the strawberries an sugar and let rest for about 30 minutes. Place your baguette slices on a cooking sheet, spray with cooking spray and slightly toast them in the oven. I suggest 350 for a few minutes. It just firmed up the bread enough to hold all the juices in. Next, spread a thin layer goat cheese on the bread. Top each piece of bread with a spoonful of strawberries. Drizzle with Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar. Finish off with basil and pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy!

For a printable version, click here.


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love (nice) comments...let me know whatcha think:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...