Thursday, May 9, 2013

Quick Mother's Day Gift Idea {Dry Erase Menu Plate}

Since Mother's Day is fast approaching (hint, hint), I thought I would share a quick idea that is also very useful! This can be put together in less than 10 minutes and is a perfect gift for a mom or special mom friend that enjoys cooking! Here is my Dry Erase Menu Plate I created for my sister-in-law:

 
Dry Erase Menu Plate

Dry Erase Menu Plate/Board

What you need:

White Plate
Vinyl
Cricut or other die-cutting machine (or scrapbooking stickers)
Plate Stand
Dry Erase Marker

How to make:

I wanted this to be a small menu board because she has limited counter space. I bought this plate at a discount store for $2. I also bought the plate stand there as well, for around $2. Next, I used a fancy font for the word MENU and used my Cricut to cut out on vinyl. I buy my vinyl here. This site is inexpensive and they ship quickly. They are always having sales, so be sure to sign up for their emails. (not getting paid, just enjoy buying from them) Now, carefully center the word at the top. This plate had a ledge/border, so I placed it there. You're done! The most difficult part was centering the word--and I hardly broke a sweat doing it!

You could do many different variations on this--like MEMO instead of MENU, for example! On Pinterest, I've seen picture frames that have: I LOVE YOU BECAUSE..., that would be cute on here as well! Leave it in a common area of the house! What fun! Use your inner-creative self--I'm sure you'll come up with something brillant!



Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. What a great and simple idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cool! I'm visiting you today from House of Hepworths. I co-host a Linky Party Tuesday (open thru Sat). I hope you get a chance to stop by my blog, leave a comment and Link Up, too!
    ~ Megin of VMG206
    Join me each Tuesday for Brag About It Link Up Party
    and Friday for Aloha Friday Blog Link Up Party

    ReplyDelete

I love (nice) comments...let me know whatcha think:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...