Thursday, May 30, 2013

School is over--Summer is here!

My kids were officially out of school at the beginning of last week--can you believe that? And I'm already hearing the "we're bored!" phrase from them! Seriously?!?! I wanted to share the quick and easy gifts we prepared for their teachers for the end of the year. We also did something for each of the teachers for Teacher's Appreciation Day.

My daughter had inspiration from my Painted Tumblers I shared here on the blog and created a supply holder for her teacher. Hailey hand painted the jar with the school colors; I think she did a great job. I added an etched letter "P" for her teachers last name. We filled the glass jar (from IKEA) with paper clips, thumb tacks, pens, pencils and a hanging ceramic Thank You plaque. Cute and practical! She also wrote a thank-you note!
Hand Painted Teacher Gift

Hand Painted Glass Jar

For Carson's teacher, we decided on a simple gift. She was a Substitute Teacher for the last month and a half while his real teacher had a baby. I got the idea from Pinterest, which brought me to the Skip to my Lou blog. I took it one step further and decorated a large clothes pin clip with Washi Tape and sealed it with Modge Podge. He also wrote a personal thank-you note.


Are your kids out for the summer? What do you have planned?

 





Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love (nice) comments...let me know whatcha think:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...