Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Tasty Tuesday--Skinny Pop Cupcakes

Happy Tuesday! Did you enjoy your Memorial Day celebration? Our weather didn't cooperate, but we still had a nice time grilling out with our neighbors! 

I shared this simple and guilt-free dessert over at Hungry Little Girl awhile back. In case you missed it, I thought I'd share it on today's Tasty Tuesday! This tasty treat only uses 3 ingredients! I originally got this idea from Hungry Girl—she uses diet pop in cake mixes to create a low-fat version of the real thing. We’ve had these yummy cupcakes several times; I’ve even made these treats for a friend with child that had an egg allergy. You can vary the taste/color by the type of diet pop you use. One of our favorites is the Diet Sierra Mist Cranberry mixed with Confetti Cake Mix. The cake couldn’t be easier to put together..so let's get started.

Skinny Pop Cupcakes
(makes 24 cupcakes)
 
Ingredients
1 Box Cake Mix
1 Can Diet Pop, suggest Diet Cranberry Sierra Mist or regular Diet Sierra Mist
1 Tub Low-Fat Cool-Whip
Sprinkles (optional)

Directions
Crazlou's Skinny Pop Cupcake Place the dry cake mix in a large mixing bowl. Slowly pour the diet pop over the cake mix and stir until well combined. Fill cupcake cups evenly, 2/3 full. Follow instructions on the back of the cake mix for oven temperature and increase the time by 3-5 minutes (watch closely). When cupcakes are cooked (gentle thumb print should disappear), cool on rack. Once cool, pipe or dollop with low-fat or fat free Cool-Whip. Adorn with sprinkles if you’d like. Keep in frig until ready to eat or serve.

Skinny Pop Cupcakes


So, what do you think? All I can think of is...YUM!



Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. This looks like a very easy recipe! Thanks! I am new from southern charm! I would love for you to check out my blog and hopefully follow me back! Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds easy and fun! Thanks for linking up at Tried and True Recipe party! http://rediscovermom.blogspot.com/2013/06/tried-and-true-recipes-15.html

    ReplyDelete

I love (nice) comments...let me know whatcha think:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...